Ashburton Borough School
- Welcomes International Students, both individuals and groups
- Provides education for 5-13 year old boys and girls
- Has a diverse range of cultures
- Is currently pursuing authorization as an IB World School
- Delivers a rich and varied curriculum based on the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Has a 140 year history of academic, sporting and cultural success
- Is a highly respected school in the thriving Mid-Canterbury district
- Enjoys being a UNESCO Associated School.
- Holds the EnviroSchool's top Green-Gold Award for its commitment to the environment and sustainability
We Offer You
- Full year courses of study in a New Zealand classroom, participating in the primary Years Programme of the IB
- Short and long term English language courses designed to meet your child's specific needs
- Group programmes combining specialist English language teaching with educational tourism
- Challenging academic programmes
- Approachable, highly qualified staff
- Excellent Cultural/Music programmes
- Enriching ESOL programmes
- Competitive sports opportunities
- High expectations of students
- Park-like school grounds with sports fields, native plants and vegetable gardens
- Excellent homestay accommodation so your child can develop language and cultural skills in a family setting
- Finest pastoral care and support
- Assistance for caregivers who wish to live in NZ while their child is studying with us
- Help your child experience the unique New Zealand way of life
- Introduce New Zealand's culture, geography, scenery and recreational excitement
- Boost your child's English language skills and confidence in a setting of fun and security
- Provide excellent preparation for secondary schooling in New Zealand or at an IB school anywhere in the world
Ashburton is a thriving town, one hour south of Christchurch in the beautiful South Island. It is within easy reach of:
- Un-crowded beaches
- Clear rivers
- Ski fields
- Fertile farmland
- The spectacular, snow capped Southern Alps
- Christchurch International Airport (1 hour)
Tuition fees per student are $12,000 per year or $3200 per term. We provide free insurance and a school uniform for students enrolling for a year. Enquire about discounts for siblings. Homestay costs are $215 per week. Group programme prices vary depending on the size of the group, the length of the visit and programme requests - email us for more information .
International experience in childhood provides lifelong benefits. Whether on a short-term or full time programme, your child's stay with us will help them progress through the rest of their education with increased ability and confidence. Our programmes and resources ensure your child's success and well-being.
Contact Kate White, our International Directorfor more information .
Click here to view our policies and download enrolment forms.